1. Lipitor is the #1 branded cholesterol drug. Which of the following statements
concerning Lipitor is correct?
2. A 22 year-old female with cystic fibrosis is being treated for a lung infection
with TOBI. Which of the following statemenst is correct?
3. Plavix is commonly used after PCI procedures and/or ACS. Which of the following
statements concerning Plavix is correct?
4. Which of the following acid-suppressing agents comes as a Solu-Tab (ODT) formulation?
5. Diovan is the top selling ARB. Which of the following statements concerning Diovan is correct?
6. Lexapro is used commonly for depression and anxiety disorders. Lexapro is an
isomer derived from the following drug:
7. Which are common side effect(s) with venlafaxine therapy?
8. A 53 y/o patient in the hospital is getting Solu Medrol 40mg IV Q12h. The physician
wants to send the patient home on an equivalent daily dose of prednisone. Which of the
following would you recommend?
9. Cymbalta is approved for all of the following indications except:
10. Nexium is a top-selling heartburn remedy. Which of the following statements is
11. When is the best time to take levothyroxine?
12. Levaquin has the following black-box warning:
13. A patient is using Valtrex daily for recurrent herpes suppression. Choose the
appropriate counseling statement:
14. Tamiflu counseling should include all of the following except:
15. An elderly gentleman has coronary heart disease. He uses the following medicines:
clopidogrel, aspirin, lisinopril, Toprol XL and vardenafil. A physician called
and asked if it is appropriate to begin Flomax therapy. Choose the appropriate response.
16. Choose the most common side effect from sildenafil therapy:
17. A patient is going to begin Xalatan therapy, but finds it is not on her formulary.
Which of the following medications would be an appropriate alternative?
18. A patient with diabetes, hypertension and dyslipidemia has been using metformin
1000 mg BID for 5 months. Her A1C is currently 8.2%. Which of the following options
is most appropriate?
19. A patient is to begin Lantus therapy. The pharmacist will instruct the patient
on insulin use. The following counseling point should be included:
20. A pharmacist is reviewing Advair Diskus counseling. Which of the following counseling
points is incorrect?
21. A patient has an estimated creatinine clearance of 24 ml/min. Which of the following
medications does NOT require a dosage reduction?
22. A pharmacist receives a prescription for Pulmozyme. Which of the following statements
is correct regarding Pulmozyme?
23. A 48 year-old female patient comes into the pharmacy. She states she usually
doesn’t have headaches, but since she got stuck on a computer at work today, she
developed eye strain and a headache. She asks if it is safe to take anything for
the headache. Her only other chronic medication is lisinopril 20 mg once daily.
You check her blood pressure, which is 144/78. Which is the best OTC recommendation?
24. An order has been written for TPN. The order calls for Aminosyn 8.5%, 1000 ml.
How many grams of amino acids will be included in this order?
25. A pharmacist is preparing an IVPB that contains 100 ml ½ NS. How many grams
of NaCl will be included in this order?
© 2013 RxPrep, Inc. All rights reserved. Material may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
NAPLEX® is a federally registered trademark of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy. RxPrep, Inc. and its services are neither affiliated with nor endorsed by the NABP.